https://apexheatingandair.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Winter-Heat-Pump-Failure-Repair.jpg 1040 1500 Built Creative https://apexheatingandair.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/apex-logo-white-trans.png Built Creative2019-11-18 20:39:122019-11-18 20:39:12Winter Energy Savings Tips
Heat Pump Maintenance:
- Dirty filters cause the system to work harder, leading to higher energy costs. Check air filters monthly and clean or replace when dirty.
- Ensure there is at least 18 inches on all sides of your outdoor unit clear of snow, ice, shrubs, and debris.
- Keep the coils on your outdoor unit clean. Apex Heating and Air can clean the coils with an approved cleaner to ensure your unit is running at top condition.
- Call Apex Heating and Air to schedule an inspection of your heat pump before the cold weather sets in.
More Energy Savings Tips:
- Invest in a programmable smart thermostat and set it to turn the heat down when you are out of town or away from home. This easy home upgrade can cut energy costs by up to 12% and will continue to reduce AC costs in the upcoming spring and summer.
- Install weather stripping around doors and windows to help keep the cold out.
- If you have a traditional fireplace, be sure the flue is closed when not in use to avoid heat from escaping. Similarly, avoid leaving bathroom fans, range hoods, and exhaust fans running for long periods as they will suck heat from your home.
- Take advantage of the world’s best natural heat source — the sun! Open curtains of windows facing the sun during the heat of the day, then close curtains to hold the heat in.
- Reverse your fan’s blades to a clockwise rotation to help push the warm air down to where you are.