https://apexheatingandair.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/apex-logo-white-trans.png 0 0 Built Creative https://apexheatingandair.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/apex-logo-white-trans.png Built Creative2016-03-15 17:19:192016-09-24 11:24:39DIY Energy Tips
DIY Energy Tips
Heating and cooling your home uses more energy and drains more energy dollars than any other system in your home. No matter what kind of heating, ventilation and air-conditioning system you have in your house, you can save money and increase comfort by properly maintaining and upgrading your equipment. By combining proper equipment maintenance and upgrades with appropriate insulation, weatherization and thermostat settings, you can cut your energy bills in half.
- Plant trees or shrubs to shade air-conditioning units but be sure they don’t block the airflow.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible in the summer. The less difference between the indoor and outdoor temperatures, the lower your overall cooling bill will be.
- Whole house fans help cool your home by pulling cool air through the house and exhausting warm air through the attic. They are effective when operated at night and when the outside air temperature is cooler than the inside.
- Don’t set your thermostat at a colder temperature setting than normal when you turn on your air conditioner. It will not cool your home any faster and could result in excessive cooling and therefore unnecessary expense.
- Consider ceiling fans to spread the cooled air more effectively through your home without greatly increasing your power use.
- Don’t place lamps or TV sets near your air conditioning thermostat.